ETHIOPIA | YIRGACHEFFE ORCHID NATURAL
Regular price $17.50
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- COUNTRY: ETHIOPIA
ELEVATION: 1950-2300 m.a.s.l.
HARVEST: NOVEMBER - FEBRUARY
IMPORTER: PROJECT ORIGIN
- CUPPING NOTE:
- MEDIUM ROAST
FOR ESPRESSO AND BLACK COFFEE
- Coffees grow in small farmers backyards in the Yirgacheffe region. The coffees are known as “Garden coffee” and they are harvested from October-January
- Once lots get combined on washing stations, coffee is de-pulped and dry fermented
- After rinsing the last bit of mucilage, coffee gets dried on African beds for 10-15 days
- Lots then get combined and sold through the Ethiopian Commodity Exchange (ECX)
- Coffee is bought by our local partner, Primrose, who do further quality control (as a minimum, a triple-pass through a colour sorter & a triple-pass through hand-sorting tables)